Monday, March 11, 2013

Valentine's Day crafts and homemade peanut butter cups

I'm on a roll here, catching up with all of my posts. Or so I think. As you know, this month was Valentine's Day! As a toddler/preschool teacher, I got some cookies, suckers, a colorful pinwheel for the garden, and a yellow rose for an adorable two-year-old boy who is one day going to be a heartbreaker.

But here at home, I had Bee and Matschi make some Valentines for their dad and their step-mom Andi. I really couldn't help but share them with you!




 Now, I realize that Matschi's perfectly shaped cookie-cutter heart looks a bit cracked, but... that was before I knew that you couldn't bake store-bought play dough, that you need to make your own in order for it to work :( So while it looks pretty for the most part in this picture, I'm sad to say that it ended up getting thrown away.

BUT. Later on while Will was at work, I decided I'd surprise him and make him a bunch of white chocolate peanut butter cups! He LOVES white chocolate definitely more than regular, and he certainly loves peanut butter. You can get the recipe HERE, but honestly, all I did was melt a bunch of white chocolate, poured some into foil cupcake liners, filled it with peanut butter (after adding some butter and sugar to the desired consistency), then covered it with more chocolate and let them sit for an hour or so. They turned out perfect, I think.



And in the end? I made a heart (to the best of my ability) on the kitchen table for when Will came home. Needless to say, he gushed over them.



No comments:

Post a Comment