Sunday, January 13, 2013

Update: Crazy things, letter recognition, and SNOW

So it's been a while. I always feel so bad whenever I take this long to post something new. Lately, it's been crazy, and I've taken lots of pictures... but I feel like many of them would be irrelevant now that it's January 2013... Although, I took maybe three or four Christmas pictures. I should've taken more though, I know. But let me give an update as to what is happening right now, and then I can post a few pictures somewhere in between...

So about two months ago on November 9th, my boyfriend Will moved into the house, and my brother finally married Andi on December 12th. At the moment, that means that we have my brother, his wife Andi, the chitlins Bee and Matschi, Me, Will, Solomon, the old dog Matti, and the two fat cats running around this house... So things are a little crazy...

Recently, I got a new job. Only just a month ago. And THEN I got a promotion on the 10th! I am now officially a toddler teacher instead of a float, meaning I used to just go to different classrooms and help out with whatever they needed... It's nice to have a permanent position!

For Halloween, Bee was a cotton candy princess while Matschi was Iron Man. We all thought the mask was stupid though, so he had me paint it on him (though to be honest, I don't think I did a very good job... especially with his weird hairline).



December 17th was Bee's THIRD birthday. Already! Time sure does fly!! I still remember when she was just two weeks old...



We have also been doing some schooling, like I said we would, but the kids don't even realize they're learning. The other day, Matschi came up to us after having written a letter on his doodle pad. It was a PERFECT H. Thing is though... he didn't remember what letter it was, but he DID know that his name started with it! And he can write his name, though we first started out with using dotted lines for him to trace... Bee though... she's still a bit young, so she's not interested in writing her name. She likes writing the letter A though.


We've also been doing puzzles and letter recognition... which... the way that we're doing the recognition, I actually got it from another person's blog. It works for the most part, but we have yet to actually REALLY recognize the letters... So for now, we're just working on it a little at a time. 




We'll also be starting some Signing Time as well. I've heard from a lot of moms that it really encourages a great vocabulary and reading skills... We might start that tomorrow. Possibly.

Oh yeah... it also snowed. The 10th and the 11th. And the storm was named... Gandolf. Not even kidding. So now that the storm is over, all of us have a snow day planned at the park. After that, it may be time for some hot cocoa, a bit of Signing Time, and most likely some sort of winter project.


No comments:

Post a Comment